About the team
Responsibility. Respect. Inspiration. Passion.
To us, these are not just some fluffy recruitment keywords, but the core values that define us as a company. Our values represent all that we do and all that we are. Whether we are building a new feature or a new client relationship, these values come to life in our work.
More about us
If you have the following Qualifications:
- Prior demonstrated hands-on experience with functional programming language, such as Scala (preferred), Ocaml, Haskell, Erlang, Lisp etc (deeper knowledge is appreciated: Monads, Generalized algebraic data types, Subtyping and type variance)
- At least basic knowledge of: Linux (scripting tools, standard tools, Git,..), SQL DB (how different index types work), data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in English
- Team player attitude and passion for your work
- Pro-active and with positive attitude
Then we are waiting for you to come and meet our team.
Some insights in your daily work.
As a Scala Developer, you will focus on:
- Developing an internal framework for massive data stream processing / analysis (in-memory computing engine and our distributed database)
- Distributed algorithms for real-time data processing
- Autonomous AI system, itself managing performance parameters of running advertising campaigns based on many external factors
- Low latency analysis for advertising personalization
- Offline big data processing
- You will touch new features development, while using modern technologies
With us, you will be:
- A core member of a valuable and talented team, that is developing a vibrant internal product
- Working in the area of upcoming mainstream trend and helping shape the future of Artificial Intelligence
- Part of a flat organization, focused on cutting bureaucracy
- Working with talented, like-minded professionals
- Touching a wide scope of tasks, that will allow you to grow and develop
And we offer even more!
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Performance-based bonuses
- Help with relocation, if the case
- Offices in Prague or in Brno (this role is based in Prague)
- Flexible working hours
- 3 sick days
- 5 weeks of vacation
- And for the rest, we will be more than happy to meet you and tell you all about us
With Samba, everyone is an equal partner in delivering change to our users and inspiration to each other. We consider software development an artform, an outlet for creativity, and a means of expressing one’s ideas.
We are the ad tech Company developing Samba.ai data analytical framework, that is currently widely used in some of the largest e-commerce sites in Czech Republic.
We are proud to be on the forefront of automation and artificial intelligence, developing applications that empower our users. We love technology not just for what it is and offers our clients, but for all the unlocked potential it represents.
Technology is our lifeblood. We actively search out and track the latest software and hardware solutions, trying to always utilize the most efficient means of getting the job done.
Since our founding, we have always believed that our customers will only reach their highest potential if our team can do the same. From this mindset comes our entire belief system: that “Our customers won’t thrive, if our team and workplace aren’t thriving too.”
To that end, we work hard at providing a welcoming, engaging, and rewarding atmosphere for our team. One that actively encourages idea-sharing, constructive feedback, and transparent working and project processes.